Monday, March 26, 2007

$500 Not To Have An Abortion!?

Dan Patrick is in his first term as a Texas legislator. He has introduced a bill that would enable the state to offer $500 to a woman who decides to give a child up for adoption instead of having an abortion.

There is a waiting list for parents who want to adopt, so it makes some sense to me that the option would benefit not only the child but also the prospective parents. I personally am opposed to killing unborn babies as a means of birth control.

And yet for some reason I am not really comfortable with the idea of this inducement. I can't put my finger on why, but it doesn't feel right either.
What do you think?





Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in a reader

2 comments:

silken said...

hadn't heard this one yet, but yeah, it just doesn't seem right...

Family Fun and Faith said...

what do you see as the problem with it?