Thursday, August 30, 2007

Bogus Advertising

Talk about bad slogans!

Over the past few weeks, while watching the Astros' broadcasts, I have seen an ad campaign by Just For Men, the hair color product. They have had some lame campaigns in the past, such as the one that featured Keith Hernandez and Walt Frazier commenting on guys in a sports announcer manner. But I am really irritated by the current slogan. They urge men to cover up their gray hair with the line, "Let the real you come through." I cannot imagine how that got sold to the company as a clever.

I do not know why the line tweaks me so, maybe it only irritates me because I have so little hair left that I could color!




Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in a reader

1 comment:

silken said...

if it's the real you, why use fake coloring? that ad irks me too. if folks want to color their hair, great, go ahead, but I don't like the line...