Friday, September 07, 2007

August 18, 1948

I was born that day, 59 years ago! Since I I was tagged by a very special kid (39 YEARS OLD), I decided to play along in this birthday meme .
Here's how this meme works:

Go to the Wikipedia site and type in your birthdate

List 3 events that happened on your birthday

List 2 other birthdays that you share

And finally, list 1 holiday that falls on your birthday

I'll continue with the rules after I add all this information.

Events:

1. 1587 - Virginia Dare, granddaughter of Gov. John White of the Colony of Roanoke, becomes the first English child born in the Americas.

2. 1909 - Tokyo mayor Yukio Ozaki presents Washington, D.C. with 2,000 cherry trees, which President Taft decides to plant near the Potomac River.

3. 1983 - Hurricane Alicia hits the Texas coast, killing 22 people and causing over USD $1 billion in damage (1983 dollars).

I share this birth date with:

1. 1774 - Meriwether Lewis, American explorer (d. 1809)

2. 1934 - Roberto Clemente, Puerto Rican baseball player and humanitarian (d. 1972)

(I share the birthday with four others in the congregation where I worship.

Holiday:

1. International Lighthouse Day






Ok, now for the rest of the rules.

There are 5 slots listed below of those who have been tagged. You need to remove the first one and bump the others up one space, listing your name at the end of the list.

Mike / Danielle / Christine/ Silken/Erroll Le Vant

And finally, I must tag 5 friends to send this to. I know some of you may be getting tired of these meme's, so if you don't want to play, no worries. Just watch out for what might happen to you on your birthday if you don't.... ;) (J/K)

Marathon Bird / Lacie / High Fidelity / Jameo / Erroll Le Vant




Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: