Saturday, September 01, 2007

Overcoming Embarrassment

I have an older friend who really loves baseball. He and I talk about the Houston Astros all the time. We debate the pros and cons of the decisions of the manager, of some free agent that might be acquired. For years I have invited my friend to attend a game with me at Minute Maid Park. He has steadfastly refused, always making excuses. Finally a few days ago he confided in me that he has a bladder problem and cannot get far from his toilet, so he did not want to go to a game and have an embarrassing moment. I asked if he had ever considered wearing adult diapers that would allow him the freedom to get out again. He said again it was an embarrassment to walk out of a store with them. I told him he could order them online and have no embarrassment. He is thinking about it. I hope we soon get to go to a game!

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: