Monday, May 19, 2008

I Like Blogging

About two and a half years ago my middle daughter called all excited because she had found a place where we were going to be allowed to make some extra money without a great deal of effort. She had found a blog site that was going to share the wealth with us for all the clicks that people made on ads placed on our blogs.

I did not even know what a blog was at that moment, but she explained it to me and it sounded like it would be fun, as well as profitable. We came fairly soon to find out that the money was not going to pour in like we had anticipated, but we also found out very soon that we enjoyed the blogging community and the experience of writing in the virtual world.

Over the course of several months we found places that would pay us to put up a post with paid links in those blogs. Through the calendar year last year, I actually did make money, more than $7,000, by posting such paid links. Things have slowed down because of some battles between Google and the paid link advertisers. But I can still say that blogging makes me happy, without reservation.

Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: