Monday, July 27, 2009

Thinking About Francesca!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One the second day of our recent mission trip my partner and I came up on a woman who was sitting in the shade of a guava tree, washing clothes by hand in a bucket. Her daughter was sitting on a rock, a few yards away, also in the shade. I introduced myself and told the ladies that I was there to share a message of hope from the Bible. The older woman gave me an answer that was designed to dismiss me, but I responded with a smile and sat down in the shade, between them. I introduced my partner, a 17 year old girl I have known since she came into the world.

I found out the lady, Francesca, is about my age, maybe a few months older. We hit it off well and had a very interesting discussion. When I prepared to leave, an hour or so later, I asked what she was thinking. She told me she found the things I said very interesting. She attended two nights of our crusade or revival meeting, and I went by her home again early in the second week for another discussion.

On our last day in the village, Salisbury, Dominica, I went by to bid Francesca farewell and to see if she had any questions. She was not home, her daughter told us she had gone into the capitol city to sit with her brother who had fallen ill; she had been gone all day. I left by regards and best wishes for both Francesca and her brother.

I was surprised to see Francesca at the service on our last night. After it was over, I asked if I could walk her home and leave a final word with her. It was only a couple of hundred yards to her home, so it did not take long for the walk or the message. When I bid her farewell, she said, “I will be praying that the Lord will add a year of health to both you and I, so that when you come back next year, I will be able to call you my brother.” I told her I was touched. She said, “I am glad.”

I too will be praying!



Add to Technorati Favorites


No comments: