Monday, May 14, 2007

Growing Pains

Our congregation has grown to the point that we are expanding the size of the auditorium. The construction project is to begin this week, so we had to move everything out of the auditorium yesterday. We set up our fellowship hall with chairs, song books, communion table and such. But the hall will not hold all of us in one assembly, so we are having a worship service at 8 and another at 10:15. In between we will have our Sunday School session, at 9:15. I will preach the same message twice each Sunday morning for the duration of the construction, projected to be four months.

The more work for me and the inconvenience for all of us could be a time of complaining and inactivity. Or it could be a time of anticipation and busy-ness. The ground breaking could, and I believe should, be life changing for the congregation. We should realize the potential for improved service and meaning in our community. We should be aware of the blessings we have been given.

I have made the decision to be upbeat and see the blessings and opportunities instead of letting the inconvenience making me grumpy and lazy.

(You can check with the congregation in a few weeks to see how I am doing in my commitment!)




Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: