Sunday, May 06, 2007

Missing Old Friends

I was just preparing for the funeral for my friend Chuck Burns. had known Chuck for about 35 years and really admired him. I want to say just the right words tomorrow at the memorial service. I'm satisfied that the things I will say will be meaningful, just disappointed that I can't say enough.

Just as I was finishing my thoughts for tomorrow, I came online to check out the village. To my great joy I saw that the free radical was one of the online users. I went over to his site and read his post titled, "Awesome". It was a fun read. It was fun just knowing he was back in the village.

But it caused me to began to think about Lisa Dreamer, Dekat, DivaJamaicana, Ethan Mawyer, Veenus and others we don't see around much any more. The old saying is "outta sight, outta mind." That is true, till something sparks a fond memory and longing for renewal.

I expect to see Chuck again, but not around blogville!



Add to Technorati Favorites

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: