Saturday, September 05, 2009

Reflections on Contentment

Reflections on Contentment
Current mood: content
Category: Life
Sometime back I read a blog on Happiness and its relationship to money. I would like to affirm the idea that contentment is in reality a state of mind over which individuals should have at least some measure of control. We should determine that we will not let anyone else dictate the way respond to any situation, no matter how distasteful. Like the Apostle Paul, we should strive to be content in whatever state we find ourselves.

That being said, there are some things that I find it much easier to be content in doing! I enjoy being with my family for a meal, especially if afterward we can play a game together. I like listening to an acapella choral group or a little child's prayer. I love a pitcher's duel, or an overtime basketball game. I like warm weather and warm smiles. I like to pick up pecans in the fall, and I like writing short, reflective articles about things that bring me joy!

I am sure you have some favorite activities as well, how about sharing them? I would enjoy that too.

Philippians 4:11 "for I have learned in whatever state I am, to be content."



Add to Technorati Favorites


No comments: